Sunday, April 19, 2020

Covid day 34 - Light at the end of the tunnel...

...or is it a train coming in the opposite direction? Texas governor announced phased reopening of businesses  starting April 24th. Which sounds like a good sign, maybe we are over the hump and the worst is over? Seems like a glimmer of hope. But I’m apprehensive. What if this attempt to phase reopening causes a surge in cases? That would just negate all the sacrifices people did by shutting themselves away for more than a month - thought out the world! Feels unfair in a way. But I do understand why they’re doing this. Knock on wood our jobs are safe so we don’t have to worry about paying our bills. But there’s millions of people who live pay check to paycheck and what if the only earning member of the family lost his/her job? What happens then? I can’t imagine. Can’t imagine anyone living in that fear while we are worried about where to order Sunday night’s dinner from so we end the weekend with a bang. Weird na. 
I just hope, for everyone’s sake, that this phased reopen will continue to keep social distancing measures in place while boosting economy. We can get creative, can’t we? Let’s hope for the best! 

And as far as how my day went - whew felt long!! Had a long long long video chat with my cousins group. I really mean my nieces and nephews 😛. was fun! It was great to have everyone make the effort to show up and participate. We went from house party app back to good ole zoom! Was a lil chaotic, without any agenda of course, but was fun! These video chats are exhausting for some reason. Can’t tell why! And not like I had a glass of wine to give me company 😛
Another weekend went by, just like that! Will eagerly wait for another one!! ✌️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment