Sunday, June 28, 2020

Curly hair - Attempt 7

What I did differently:
  1. Used organic coconut oil instead of vatika hair oil. This one doesn’t have any scent. 
  2. No Poo!!! Did not use any shampoo at all! Used baking soda instead - yes you heard me - baking soda to wash my hair!! More details below. 
  3. Used Apple cider vinegar to rinse hair after washing with baking soda. Aka ACV rinse. 
  4. Same as last week: Applied deep conditioner and left for 15 mins, Used a wide toothed comb after applying conditioner, Used a leave in conditioner after the shower, used curling cream and then applied a lil coconut oil, Emulsified gel with water before applying, dried hair wrapped in a t shirt for an hour, scrunched the crunch after drying. 
Results - WOW!!! Drastically different from my previous attempts, definitely trending in the right direction. Baking soda did an amazing job of preserving oil in my hair and ACV retained the PH balance which was critical to reducing frizz. I felt like ACV added more grease to my already greasy hair and I wasn’t really a fan of all that grease. But the best part was the frizz was under control till my next wash, a week later. I didn’t need to refresh either because my hair retained oil for a lot longer than I expected. Hair looks much healthier and happier! 

Wash day: Bartending of course 😂


Day 1: This look continued for a few days without the need to refresh. 



No comments:

Post a Comment