Saturday, May 9, 2020

Covid day 53 - Good day!!

Gosh! It was a loooong day but a good one! Can’t believe I’m saying this but I did really have a very good day! And feeling productive too! 
Had a wonderful day outside. Went to white rock lake, parked and walked on the trail for an hour. Got food from canes (amazing!!), parked in a park’s parking lot and ate in the trunk - aka tailgating! Was soooo different from what we got into the routine of doing everyday that it was really cool! The weather was absolutely fabulous too so a cherry on top!! 

Another victory was making idli today for breakfast, not bidli!! Idli is the doom of my life! And that’s k’s most favorite dish in the world so even more pressure to nail it ๐Ÿ˜•
I’ve tried idli many times before but it never felt like I really nailed it. So attempted again today. He calls my idli ‘bidli’ cuz it’s not quite idli. Today he said it’s the best bidli I ever made ๐Ÿ˜ฑ so that’s great progress!! both my boys ate all of it and asked for more more ๐Ÿฅฐ so made a second batch. That’s my accomplishment for today!

And to end the day, I made chicken biryani in instapot. It tastes surprisingly good! Didn’t expect that at all! I can already think of potential improvements to the recipe. But I think it was a success!!

Overall, a great day! Knock on wood!! Had an amazing day with A as well. Muuuaahhh bujji kutti!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment