Saturday, November 6, 2010

Diwali....miss home again....

It's that time of the year again when I really really really miss home. Yesterday was 'Diwali' a.k.a 'the festival of lights'. Its my favorite festival among tons of Hindu festivals all year round. Why is it my fave festival? I can give u a few reasons....great food to gorge on, burst firecrackers n cause noise pollution, wear new clothes (I mean REALLY good ones!), new jewelry, meeting friends n family, sit at home n do nothin......hmmmm i think u get the point now :)

This is how much fun Diwali "was"....not anymore......after living away from home for almost 7 years I realized Diwali, or for that matter any other festival, is not as much fun. We try to do all we can to make a festival extra special but something always falls short. Cooking mom's food, doing puja, putting up lights for decoration, meeting friends (whom we meet every week)...all that's great....but just not good enuf....

Hoping there will be a time when I'm home with my family celebrating festivals the way I used to while growing up.....

Miss home....yet again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment